Shabby Blogs BG-March

Thursday, April 21, 2011

:: Shake Your Tailfeathers! ::


~sigh~
Almost the end of the week....
only 12 more hours and it will officially be the Easter long weekend!
Lots of time for card making, more card making and...
even more card making! Woo!

The posted card is one I made for another co-worker
who wanted/needed a card for her sister-in-law
who will be celebrating her 50th birthday this weekend. 
I thought Kraftin' Kimmie's "Vivenne" stamp fit the bill
and paper pieced her outfit with some of the paper
from My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose (Mabel) collection. 
Infact all the paper used on this card was taken from the Mabel line.  
This is definitely my favourite paper collection at the moment. S:o)

The roses are from Prima (turquoise) and
Michael's craftstore Recollections line (light tangerine/ivory).
The ribbon I used was from my lace stash.

For a while now, I have adored how Sankari Wegman
embellishes her projects with liquid pearls.
I love how they make her projects stand out
and gives them such an elegant look. 
This is my take on her technique :)

As for the long weekend...
 I'm looking forward to spending time with my hubby,
a day out to Niagara-on-the-Lake
(to pick up two black & white flicks
that I ordered from my favourite classic film store)
and to spend some time in my crafty room.

Hope you have a great long weekend!
Thanks for dropping by!



No comments: