Shabby Blogs BG-March

Sunday, January 23, 2011

:: Card Patterns (Sketch 99) ::

Inside Message in Card:  Birthday calories don't count!  Happy Birthday!
I must confess I haven't spend a lot of time participating in sketch challenges -- 
though one of my new year resolutions was to change that!

When I saw sketch 99, I just had to enter the challenge. 




I wanted to use something bold and bright for my card.  I adore October Afternoon's Thrift Shop/Fly A Kite lines because of the bright colours used and I thought that this was a great way to use this fab paper.  I paper pieced TGF's 'Birthday Anya' dress and coloured her dress with Copics R22 and R24 to make her dress bolder and rich in colour.  The copics I used on the rest of Anya: 0, E00, E01, E02, E31, E33, R11, R20, R81, R83, R85 Y38, YR31.  For the birthday cake on Anya's head:  Ranger's Stickes in "Cotton Candy" (cake frosting) and "Yellow" (candle flame), Liquid Pearls in "Opal White" (plate/candle).

On another note...
This afternoon, I discovered a little gem while my hubs and I were out and about...
If you live in the Mississauga or Greater Toronto area, check this store out! 
Lots of amazing products which are resonably priced, tons of cropping space and they carry popular dies and lines that are so hard to find (ie. MFT, Graphic45, etc.)
in the Greater Toronto area.  They also carry gift cards which is perfect for individuals who need to buy for a scrapper!

With that, I am going to go enjoy what remains of my weekend playing with the new goodies I purchased at The Scrapbook Queens in my crafty room!

Have a great week!

 

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE your happy card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

anja curvers said...

Wow great colors this card makes me laugh it's so funny. TFP at cardpatterns.

whoistracy said...

This is just adorable! Love all the bright colors you used. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns.

Teena in Toronto said...

Awesome!

Happy blogoversary :)