Shabby Blogs BG-March

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy World Card Making Day!


Yes, I have been away for a little while...

September and the real world (ie. life) got the best of me between work and home.  I haven't had enough time (or energy) to focus on my card making or blogging lately.  Despite being a brand new month, it looks like September might been dragging its heels in a little longer, as I woke up this morning to find that the hot water tank was leaking the basement.  I am still waiting for the water company to come out and take a look at it.  So in the mean time, I wanted to post one of my creations for World Card Making Day! S:o)

Today it is a grey, cold, rainy day here in southern Ontario.  The trees are starting to turn beautiful shades of red, yellow, orange and gold and leaves are beginning to fall.  I have been trying to get into the mood to create some fall/autumn cards with no success!  Hopefully before the weekend is through, the weather will channel into my creative juices and change that!

I must confess -- I am counting down the days until Ontario's next Scrapfest which will occur in 2 weeks! This is usually a once a year event which has been held in Kitchener, Ontario for the last few years, however the Scrapfest organizers are producing an autumn show in Durham. There are lots of vendors from across Southern Ontario who are participating this show and I am certainly looking forward to some new things for my stash! :)  I wanted to participate in the Friday classes but am unable to, though I am looking forward to the great Marketplace on the Saturday.  If you reside in Toronto or surrounding area, come check it out!


I have a couple of birthday cards, a wedding card to make in the next week and then I need to start making some Christmas cards!!!  Where is 2010 going?! :)

I'm hoping to be crafting later this afternoon and spending some "me" time in the hooliewood craft studio!

Until then, have a great weekend




Supplies
Patterned Paper:  "Kristen" (I cannot remember the name of the company)
Stamp(s): Inkadinkado "Hydrangea", Studio G's "Make a Wish", Hero Arts Antique Engravings (# CL383)
Ink(s):  ColourBox pigment ink "Violet" and "Black, Memento in "Tuxedo Black", Copic markers
Embellishment(s):  Perfect Pearls in "Lilac", Stickes, Offray Ribbon in "Aubergine", Karen Foster's Paper Ribbon (butterfly antennas) in "Black", Stampendous' Clear Embossing powder

1 comment:

martina's kaartjes said...

What a pretty card ! lovely colours you used !!
greetings from sunny belgium,
martina
x