Shabby Blogs BG-March

Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labour Day to my fellow North Americans!

I have to apologize for the picture quality!
I suspect that I maybe needing to replace the camera that I'm currently using to a new one.
A day of relaxation for all of us here in Canada and the U.S.!  Unfortunately today has been an extremely grey day here in Ontario.  We were forecasted to have a sunny day!  So to make the best of the weather, I'm planning to head to my "studio" for a little stamping fun this afternoon!

The card above was one I made for... well no one in particular!  I was in "the zone" one Saturday morning and volia! 

I have used my favourite technique (paper piecing) on this card.  I used a paper selection from the MyMind's Eye "Quite Contrary" and the "My Mind's Eye Home" line.  The "Quite Contrary" collection has been one of my favourite lines to play with this past year.  I love the colours that's used because it reminds me of late spring/early summer.

The stamped images are from The Greeting Farm's "Miss Anya Dressy", Autumn Leaves' Stampology "Billboard" stamps and Hero Arts' Thinking of You" (I cannot remember which set is I got this stamp from).  Copics used on Miss Anya Dressy stamp:  E33, E35, E37, E50, E51, E53

I inked the edges with ColourBox's "Shabby Pink" pigment ink and created the clouds with Tim Holtz's "Broken China" Distress Ink and my own paper cloud creation.

The seashell flower I created with vellum paper and liquid pearls.  To create your own, please look below at the bottom of this post for instructions on how to create your own seashell "look".

Of course, I couldn't pass up on not using some bling!  A Hooliewood Creations card without bling?!  YIKES!  I used Ranger's Stickles on Miss Anya's shoes, hat and bow and place some rhinestone jewels on the shoes as well.

I'm off to do a few chores and then spend some time relaxing in my craft room,





To create your own "Seashell" look:
1.  Simply punch or cut out your desired shape.
2.  Add a dab or two or your desired liquid pearls colour that you want to use.
3.  Spread the liquid pearls with a paint brush (or finger).
4.  Manipulate the image with your fingers
     (once the liquid pearls have been spread onto the vellum, the paper will roll up.)
5.  Let the vellum dry.
     (As the shape is drying it will roll up and once dry, you may have to reshape the shape to the way you desire.)
6.  Adhere your decoration to your project!