Shabby Blogs BG-March

Monday, August 16, 2010

One more week of freedom!


Oki, today's post is just a little late and a short one, but neverless finally POSTED! :)

It's hard to believe how fast the summer has flown by!  It feels as if we've only just begun summer a few weeks ago and now...!  Next week I will be back in the swing of getting yet another school year organized and underway!

Speaking of school, this was a card that I made for one of my nieces who graduated last June.  Unfortunately, I was unable to attend her grad ceremony as she lives in Alberta as I wasn't able to take time off work to fly out for the occasion.  I wanted to make her something so that she knew how proud I was of her accomplishment!

The Hedgehog scholar stamp is from Penny Black's slapstick cling line.  The first sentiment stamp ("So very happy, happy, happy for you") is made by Basic Grey and the "You Did It!" sentiment from Hero Arts Everyday Saying clear set.

The Copics I used for Mr. Hedgehog are:  C-3, C-5, C-7, E31, E33, E35, R29, W1, Y11, Y15

It was the first time I had incorportated any American Crafts Thickers ("Sparkle") to my cards. I have seen other people use them and I just never saw how I could use them for a card -- until now :)

No card of mine would be complete if I didn't use my most favourite product in the world!  STICKLES!  I made the diploma sparkle with Stardust stickles and used Offray's Ribbon Neo-Gingham Check pattern in black and white.

Well, I'm off to savour what remaining holidays I have left!





Other Supplies Used:
Paper:  Bazzill Basics (black)
Patterned Paper: (unknown)
Ink(s):  ColourBox pigment ink in "Black", Memento ink in "Tuxedo Black", Uni-ball Signo Board white gel pen (faux stitching)

1 comment:

martina's kaartjes said...

Yes yes yes, I can leave a comment ! Hurray !! : )
Love your cards, I'm glad I've helped you. Hope to see more of your great cards.
Greetings, from Belgium,
Martina
x