Shabby Blogs BG-March

Monday, August 23, 2010

Goodbye Summer, Hello School Year!
















Good morning all!

This morning I will be driving to work in a matter of hours of this posting after a lovely, long relaxing month and a half of summer vacation!  I cannot complain as most people do not have this opportunity but it was so nice to be able to sleep in the mornings when I wanted to and stay up late making cards when I wanted to! S:o)

I made the card above for my husband a few months ago, who, unfortunately has been having a rough time recently.  I wanted to cheer him up and I had just purchased The Greeting Farm's Cheeky Rockabilly special edition stamp.  Isn't she sweet?  This was my first attempt at paper piecing and I must say, has become one of my favourite techniques to do.  I stamped C.C. Designs "Swing" on a seperate piece of stamping paper, coloured it with copics and cut it out by hand.  The Copics I used were:  E33, E35, E37, E50, E51

The sentiment stamp is from American Crafts "Sentiments Large" collection.  I used a 4.5" x 6.5" photo mat paper collection from My Mind's Eye ( My Mind's Eye Home paper collection available from Michael's craftstores) which is either no longer being made or just made for Michael's.  I was going to add a link to this collection, however I could not find the paper on the company's site.  If you are looking for it, check out your local Michael's store (or perhaps Ebay), you might find something there.

I wish you guys a great week! 




How many days until Friday???? S;o)

1 comment:

martina's kaartjes said...

Great card ! Love the grass !
Have a nice day,
greetings, Martina
x