Shabby Blogs BG-March

Tuesday, August 4, 2009



Just a quick post for today!

Instead of creating a birthday card for my hubbie after my last post, I decided it was time to change my blog layout. I really did like the other blog background, I just felt like it was too dark and that some things were just too difficult to look at when my blog loaded up. I seem to have a butterfly theme going here as I have picked a blog background with parts of a butterfly along with all the butterfly-inspired cards (including the one above) I've been creating lately.

The card above is one that I created a while ago and thought I had posted it on the blog to discover today that I had not. If you don't already know, I love using Basic Grey and I tend to use a lot of their papers and products. I love their "Winsome" butterfly paper and was trying to think how I could create with it. Although the photo doesn't show it, I cut out one of the butterflies and embossed it with clear embossing powder as to give it a shiny texture to it.

Another technique I love using (and you see in it in practically every card!) is faux stitching. It just gives great detail and seems to tie parts of the card together. I see while Kristina Werner loves and uses it so much S:o)

Unfortunately, this week has not been a productive one as I was hoping (cleaning or stamping). Saturday is my husband's birthday so I really don't know how much I'll get done today either. I'm hoping to be able to make a few more cards on the weekend depending what my hubbie has planned for his day. I've been thinking I should make my Christmas cards for work. Perhaps setup some sort of production line and create one card and just mass produce that same card for everyone. It's difficult when you work with as many people as I do! :)

Have a great week (and weekend) if I don't post before then!

SUPPLIES:

Cardstock: Bazzil Basics in "White"
Patterned Paper(s): Basic Grey's Porcelain collection in "Silver Birch", Basic Grey's Ambrosia Collection in "Pome" and "Winsome"
Embossing Powder: Stampendous' Stamp-N-Stuff in "Clear"
Chipboard: Basic Grey's Chipboard Letters in "Dark Chocolate"
Ink(s): Sakura Gel Pen in "White" , "Black" and "Silver"
Ribbon: Offray Sheer in "Burnt Orange"
Embellishment(s): Mark Richards' Rhinestones in "Clear"

No comments: