Shabby Blogs BG-March

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Back to Work We Go!



Well, the fun has begun! :)

I returned to work this week on Wednesday and it truly feels like I've never even left! Starting a school year can be quite the hair pulling experience and that's even before students return on the first day!

It seems, despite the extremely wierd summer weather ontario has been having (RAIN!), everyone has had a good break. A co-worker of mine has just been told earlier this week that she and her husband will be grandparents in February of next year! So I might be using the gift tag above (pic) after all!

I made this gift tag a few months ago when I was playing around with different products and techniques. The sheep stamp is from Pink Cat Studios' "Farm Animals" collection. For all the products I used, please see the bottom of this post.

A couple of days I ago, during one of my fav blog blog surfs, I discovered a really cool technique on Heather Nichols' blog using UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel). I ran out last night to purchase a container of UTEE so that I could attempt the cracked glass technique today when I am able to get a free moment. I"m really excited and looking forward to see what cool creations I can make! I love vintage cards and with this cracked glass technique I think I would look awesome and take the card I make to the next level.

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I have been re-organizing the house. My husband and I have expanded our hobby room (he paints Games Workshop figurines in his spare time) and have decided to move some of our books (we're both avid readers!) into another room so we have more room to work with our hobbies! So today we are going to IKEA to purchase a Billy bookcase.

On that note, I'll say ta-ta for now!

Supplies:
Stamp set(s): Pink Cat Studios "Farm Animals" collection, Hampton Art "Congratulations"
Patterned Paper(s): Making Memories' "Garden Party Stripe", The Paper Company's "Kitty Kat Arygle"
Specialty Paper(s): Acetate
Copics: O - Colourless Blender, 100 - Black, C3 - Cool Gray, Y11 - Pale Yellow, Y15 - Cadiumum Yellow, YG03 - Yellowish Green, YR04 - Chrome Orange
Ink(s): Memento "Tuxedo Black", Sakura Gel Pen in "Orange", "White"
Ribbon: Offray Sheer in "Orange"
Embellishment(s): Mark Richards' Clear Rhinestones in "Green", Ranger's Stickles in "Scattered Straw", Karen Foster's Scrapper's Floss in "White", yellow button

No comments: