Shabby Blogs BG-March

Thursday, July 23, 2009



I'm finally back to blogging!

It's been a crazy few weeks for me and has been difficult to juggle everything. When I typed my last post, I was figuring for the first time in about 6 summers, that I would finally be able to have some time for myself to kick back and enjoy card making/stamping! Ha! I have made a few cards despite not being able to post them (as you can see from above I have found my camera lead!). In the next few days I will post them. You should also be able to view the new cards on the right hand side of this blog under my card slide presentation.

The card above was made for a former co-worker who will be changing schools for the next school year. I'm sad to see her go but know that this will get her closer to the promotion she is hoping for. Fortunately my camera managed to pick up some of the embossing on the background -- unfortunately it didn't pick up the embossing on the butterfly. We can't have everything I guess!

I purchased Hero Arts' Heart-Winged Butterfly heart stamp in mid-June and have been playing with ever since! You might be seeing it a lot in the next few weeks as it has become one of my favourite stamps to date!
Stay tuned for more!


Supplies

Tool(s): EK Success medium corner rounder
Stamp(s): Inkadinkado' Flourishes, Hero Arts' Heart-Winged Butterfly, Stampendous' Everyday Messages "Just A Note"
Cardstock: Bazzil Basics in "Black", "White"
Specialty Paper: Silver mesh
Ink(s):
Colourbox pigment in "Black", Sakura gel pen in "Black"

Embossing Powder: Stampendous' Stamp-N-Stuff" Embossing powder in "Midnight Black"
Ribbon: Offray's "Black & White grosgrain"
Embellishment: Mark Richards' Metal Rhinestones in "Silver"

No comments: