Shabby Blogs BG-March

Friday, May 15, 2009



Thank goodness for the Victoria Day weekend -- the official start of "summer" is upon us at last! Bring out the white pants! S;o)

I confess I've not had a very good week as I've been in some sort discomfort almost everyday. Next Tuesday I have yet again another doctor's appointment and I'm hoping we can move on to the next phase of whatever it is that the doctors are going to do to find out why I'm in so much discomfort. I'm also figuring he will continue to keep me off work as well. Keep your fingers crossed for me that something will progress in my strange medical situation!

I'm looking forward to next week as there is a scrapbooking warehouse sale in my area starting next Thursday and running through the weekend. Brand name stuff (Basic Grey, Bo Bunny, Heidi Swapp, Tim Holtz, Cloud9, Cherry Arte, Doodlebug, Daisy D, Sassafras -- just to name a few!) will 70% to 80% off the product price. I'm sure that will probably be all the older line but who cares! That's my kind of sale ;)

I have seem to really get back into the mood to create cards again, though I'm still having creative stumps along the way. I've recently started looking at ebay for some of my stamps as I find I can't seem to stamps that are "unique". My husband thought it would be a good idea to look on ebay. What a monster he's created! ;) I have managed to find and buy a couple of items in which today I received a stamp that I bought for my one of my uncle's birthday cards. It's a stamp of a fighting cowboy which is perfect as he (and aunt) are compete in western shoots all over Canada and the U.S. It's a hobby they have been into for over 20 years, so it's a stamp I couldn't pass up!

The card pic above was originally supposed to be for my husband's grandfather (who unfortunately is not out of hospital yet), but after finishing it I decided it looked just a little too feminine (that was even before I put the flower on it!) and decided to give this card to a relative of mine who will be having surgery in the next week. The cross-stitch edge didn't come out the way I was hoping but I like the way it looks regardless.

Supplies
Stamp(s): Hero Arts' "Thinking of U" stamp set, See D's cross-stitch stamped edge
Tool(s): Fiskars Scalloped edge punch
Cardstock: Bazzil Basic in "dark brown"
Patterned Paper(s): Bo Bunny's "Chiffon Dot", American Crafts' Polka Dot in "Beige Brown", Basic Grey's Sugared "Delightful " collection
Ink(s): ColorBox Pigment Ink in "Moss Green", "Creamy Brown", "Dusk", Color Box Chalk Ink in "Dark Brown"
Embellishment(s): Mark Richards' Stickers in "Clear", Kaisercraft Rhinestones in "pink", American Crafts buttons in "leaf", "taffy" and "carrot", Making Memories Circle Brads in "clear", assorted florals

No comments: