Shabby Blogs BG-March

Sunday, May 17, 2009


CardPatterns Sketch 15



I have never attempted a card sketch challenge since starting to make cards. When I saw this week's Card Patterns Sketch 15, I figured I should try to see if I could do it. I flipped the layout and tried to play around with it that way. I must confess the above card is not my best but I had fun trying to figure out (which is the point of the whole challenge I suppose) which papers and tools to use and how I could make it fun. I love bright, "in-your-face" colours, so I used some of the older Basic Grey lines to try and create a bright fun card.

Supplies
Stamp: Inkadinkado's "thankful for u" wooden stamp
Tool(s): Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" embossing folder, Cuttlebug
Cardstock(s): Bazzil Basics in "white", "red"
Patterned Paper(s): Basic Grey's Offbeat Collection "Casual", "Atypical", Basic Grey's Urban Prairie "Corn Husk", Making Memories "Garden Party Stripe"
Ink(s): ColorBox Pigment Ink in "Citrine", "Moss Green", "Cranberry" and "Dusk", ColorBox Chalk Ink in "Dark Brown", Sakura Gel Pen in "white"
Embellishment(s): Offray Ribbon in "red and white", American Crafts Round Buttons in "Ivy" and "Cranberry", Mark Richards' Rhinestone Stickers in "Clear"

No comments: