Shabby Blogs BG-March

Thursday, June 2, 2011

:: Life is good! ::


Tomorrow is Friday, we've finally made it into June,
summer seems to have finally arrived in southern Ontario,
...and it's only 29 days until summer vacation! 
What could be better?!
(The only way it could get better if... it was the last day of work/school!)

Those co-workers of mine are certainly keeping me busy!  I received another request from a co-worker whose daughter celebrated her birthday last week. I used my favourite technique (paper piercing) to create little Anya's outfit with paper from My Minds Eye.  I realize you all must think I don't use any other kind of paper because lately that's all I tend to be using!  I have so many other beautiful paper collections but I keep falling back to MME!  Needless to say, I mixed together MME and October Afternoon's Thrift Shop collections for the background of the card.  Using copics, I coloured the sky and green grass behind Anya and embellished the card with Michael's "Recollections" clear rhinestones and yellow roses. The big pink rose is from Prima.  Of course, no card would be complete (in my opinion) without some Liquid Pearls in "Buttercup" and "Stardust" Stickles!

I must confess I haven't been in my craft room really this week.  I've been coming home from work absolutely exhausted.  I think I might be fighting the latest bug that seems to be making its way around.  That and allergies. What fun! S:oP

I'm looking forward to the weekend as my brother-in-law's birthday is coming up and I've planned a really cool card.  He is absolutely obsessed about hockey and I hope to create one of my coolest card yet!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Your paper piecing is perfect.
Such a beautiful card
Spring has finally arrived in Northern Ontario as well. Mind you hubby did turn on the heat this morning :(