Shabby Blogs BG-March

Monday, February 21, 2011

:: Spring... Where are you?! ::


I'm one of the those people who are not really fond of snow...
I like when it snows for Christmas and the few weeks leading up to Christmas,
but really after that I wish that it would go away by New Years Day and be done with!
It's unfortnate that Mother Nature doesn't work that way!

This weekend I'm enjoying quite a bit of time
in my crafty room on this lovely Family Day long weekend...

It's also sooooo nice not having to go to work considering
southern Ontario received more snow overnight!
I've been able to craft, do other things around the house
which seems like I never have time for.
I'm hoping to get back into my craft room
shortly after this blog post is finished!

Yesterday morning, I sat down at my craft table and
decided to create a card that didn't require a sketch --
something that I could just to sit and create!
Sometimes it's great to have nothing but a white canvas!

I absolutely adore vintage and I have always wanted
to try to see if I could attempt this technique...
Not a fab start and I think I have a little ways to go!

I follow The Graphics Fairy site daily...
Karen, TGF webhost, acquires some of the most
beautiful vintage images and offers them for free.


The image I used on this particular card
(Arm & Hammer Lazuli Bunting bird collector's card)
 is one of the images that I found on her site a while ago.
I love the colours of this particular bird especially
when I paired it with some 7Gypies "Conservatory" paper...
A perfect match!

If you ever need to be inspired...
check out 'The Graphics Fairy' website!

Have a great week!
 


SUPPLIES
Patterned Paper(s):  7Gypsies 8x8 "Conservatory" collection,
Kaisercraft 6x6 Devonshire collection,
Graphic45 "A Proper Gentleman" collection - "The Sophisticate"
Ink(s):  Ranger Distress Inks in "Antique Linen", "Tea Dye",
ColourBox pigment ink in "Moss Green" (sentiment)
Embellishment(s):  Liquid Pearls in "Baby Blue", "White", Ranger Stickles in "Stardust",
Basic and Narrow ribbon in aqua/teal (Michael's), Stampendous Clear Embossing powder,
Ivory lace (from my scrap stash!), White flower created from
Recollections Floral (Michael's) in "Ivory"and Bazzil Basics Paper floral in "Ivory"

No comments: