Shabby Blogs BG-March

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy day...

What a feeling! It feels fantastic to be back and I'm glad to be posting after all this time!


I don't want to dwell how long it's been that I've neglected this blog because it has been TOOO LONG! I am trying my hand at designing my own blog background for this blog but I'm just a little bit technologically challenged and therefore it is a work in progress, perhaps one day soon I will be able to put it up!

I can tell you that I have lots to show since I've been on hiatus -- card making has been my outlet especially the last few months.  I'm still dealing with some medical issues which I suspect I will be dealing with from now on, but I do feel a lot better than even from 8 months ago.

What have I been up to? 

Making cards, of course!  When the weather becomes nice, my husband and I like to rummage around our community for garage sales a couple of times each month.  In mid-June during one of our hunts, I discovered this Hero Arts beauty at a sale a few streets from where I live...

Isn't she lovely? 

The stamp is an old 2007 Hero Arts stamp (G4337 Flourish Flower).  The woman who was selling this had rummaged through her papercraft items and decided to sell some of her stash.  Let me just say that I came home with lots of crafty goodness that day! (I'm sure to my husband's dismay! ;)

If you would like to get this stamp, I believe it can still be ordered from Hero Arts.  No promises though.

I purchased the 12x12 Basic Grey's "Basics" line in white a couple of months ago but had not really had a chance to open it up and use any of it.  When I saw "Flourish Flower" I dove into the pack.  I also used Offray ribbon in black and white plaid, along with white opal liquid pearls and Uni-ball Umbro Signa white gel pen.

The stamp used is also from one of the limited edition Basic Grey lines.

I try to incorporated Copic markers EVERY chance I get.  I have really love the way you can add definition and depth by colouring with copics.  Colours used:  0, G21, R81, R83, R85, Y11, Y15, Y38, YG03, YG11, YR31.

I'm looking forward to heading back toward Niagara wine country and try a few more wineries later this week that my husband and I were unable to visit during our anniversary trip last week.  We celebrated our 6th anniversary on the long weekend in which we celebrated at Niagara Falls, Ontario (our place).  I'm hoping to post the pictures in the next post.  I just have to upload them all.  Some spectacular views!

On that note, I'm planning to post on Mondays and until then... I look forward to seeing you!

No comments: