Shabby Blogs BG-March

Saturday, July 25, 2009



To round off this week, I figure I should post one of my last black and white butterfly-themed cards.

It looks like another dreary rainy day in Ontario -- it's really starting to get me down! I hope that our trip to Niagara is not going to be a complete washout! Both my husband and I realized that out of all the times that we have been down to the Falls, we have never ever been on the Maid of the Mist. We have done everything else but not that! Now what's a trip to Niagara without the Maid of the Mist?!

Hopefully, if the American Dollar continues to drop as it has been, we might even head down to Walden Galleria/Fashion Outlets of Niagara, NY during one of the days that Uber and I are in Niagara. That's partially what I love about being down in Niagara, I guess. If you want to go shopping, we are so close to the border the we can hop over for the day.

I know that we will stop at Niagara-on-the-Lake as there is an a shop "Silver Screen" that carries all the old (and beloved) films of yesteryear. I'm looking to buy the film, "Waterloo Bridge (1940) with Viven Leigh. The gentlemen who runs the shop will even custom order if he doesn't have the product that you are looking for in his shop. So you could say I'm just a little excited at getting away later this week... even if it's only for a couple of days! S:o)


Maid of the Mist, Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
copyright 2009 :: hooliewood creations ::

Last night I ended up watching "Holiday" (1938), one of my favourite flicks starring Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn, along with Carole Lombard and Lew Ayres. When I make cards, I love popping in a DVD of some of my favourite black and white films and listening them to them while I work. I know that at the drop of a pin I could recite the whole script to "His Girl Friday" (1940) and "The Women" (1939)! If you haven't discovered by now -- I absolutely adore old black and white films! They just simply don't make films like this anymore and I suppose couldn't nowadays as we have advanced so much with technology that those golden days are long gone. I love the chemistry that Grant and Hepburn have between them and it shows it every movie that they have ever been in together.



Well, I'm going to head to my craft table and whip up a few more cards!

No comments: