Shabby Blogs BG-March

Sunday, November 27, 2011

:: Birthday Sundaes Challenge #37: Birthday Card w/Birthday Sentiment! ::


I know a couple of people who celebrate their birthdays around the Christmas holidays, so this week I've created a seasonal type of birthday card.  I also wanted to commemorate the last challenge for Birthday Sundaes' second term -- I will miss the weekly challenges and working with the other DT the next few weeks, but I am looking forward to the break... getting ready for Christmas and my trip to visit my little bro in Alberta during the holidays! S:o)

For my card, I used Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps "Sophia" (purchased at Krafty Day in October!) in Copics (BG0000, E000, E00, E01, E30, E33, E35, E37, E93, R22, R24, R27, W1, Y21, YG03, YG17, YG63), then paper-pieced this beauty in Melissa Frances 'Deck The Halls' 6x6 paper collection.  Both sentiments are from Hero Arts and KKS.  The florals are from Prima, Maya Arts and Michael's Recollections lines.  Other supplies I used for this card are:

Bazzil Basics card stock - Black and white card base
Black scrolls - Michael's Recollections line
Ranger's Platinum Liquid Pearls
Ranger's Glossy Accents (wine glass)

So, let's celebrate the end of this term with a bang!  Create your own birthday card with birthday sentiment and submit it to the Birthday Sundaes #37 challenge and you could win "Another Year" stamp set from this week's sponsor:


Make sure that your card submission is only entered into no more than 5 other challenges (for a total of 6 including Birthday Sundaes)! 
 
 See you soon!

7 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

This is a smashing card Smanatha, I love the image. Lee xx

Amy said...

Awesome card- I LOVE that image (maybe because I LOVE martini's)- very fun :)Amy

Laurie said...

VERY cute card Samantha!!! Just love that sassy image!!
Laurie - DTM
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Maribel said...

You have me hooked on liquid pearls! I love this image, it's perfect for the last card of the term. Beautiful color combination too!
Maribel

Kimberly J. said...

Gorgeous card!! I love how you did the image and all the wonderful embellishments :)

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So gorgeous! Love how you colored the image! Very pretty!

Dee Burns said...

Samantha, I saw your card on another Blog I was visiting and had to let you know how much I love this card. The Lady Image is awesome and the whole card is amazing. These are definitely for grown-ups...thanks for that.

Have a wonderful and happy New Year!
Dee B

Will become a follower...thanks!