Shabby Blogs BG-March

Sunday, August 28, 2011

:: Celebrating my 100th Post with Birthday Sundaes Challenge #24! ::

How appropriate that my 100th blog post is having created a card for a Birthday Sundaes challenge!

This week Kristie sent the design team this fun photo below:

Pic Source, click HERE 

The Birthday Sundaes guest designer for this week is Theresa,
who created a really sweet card for our challenge! 
Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT blogs as well!
(DT list on side bar)

Some of the materials I used for my challenge card this week comes from:

Basic Grey's Out of Print collection ('Newsflash', 'Publication'),
Hopscotch collection ('Playground')

Clear Dollar Stamps 'Yummy Cupcake' digital image
(designed by Laurie Wilson of Doodle Pantry)

Hero Arts 4x6 "Wonderful Birthday" Clear Stamp set


Copic markers

The Twinery ('Pink Sorbet', 'Caribbean', and 'Lemondrop' twine)

Ranger Stickles ("Stardust")

Ranger Liquid Pearls ("Petal Pink", "Lemon", "Baby Blue")

I actually created a different version of the card above before creating the one above to realize that it really didn't follow the inspiration photo...!!!  Imagine my reaction when I did realize!  Here it is anyway so you can see what I originally created!



Think I was just having one of those moments!

 
Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Karen said...

congradulations on 100 post fabulous...and your card is amazing love the mathing twine bows on each cupcake brilliant

Amy said...

I love those cupcakes! Great bling and little flags that are even curled! Awesome job :)Amy

Tara said...

You are amazing with liquid pearls! Both of these cards are truly stunning!
Tara

Nita said...

Congrats on 100 posts! :) Both cards are amazing! You are SO talented. I love your use of liquid pearls and the twine is darling. :)
Nita

Kimberly J. said...

I love these cards!!! :) What really fun colors and those cupcakes are awesome!! There you go again amazing us with that pearl pen!! :) Great cards!!

Maribel said...

Hooray! Happy 100th post! Beautiful card! I am so sad that I can't find those liquid pearls!! They look so gorgeous with in these colors. I will have to go online soon to track them down:)

Crafty Loops said...

Happy 100 posts!! A really stunning card and so scrummy looking too. Lee xx

Anonymous said...

Yay congrats on 100 posts!! These have to be the yummiest cupcakes I have seen! Gorgeous card! :)

Tracy said...

Both of your cards are stunning. I love the colours, your colouring and those banner flags, tooo cute. I love the sparkle and the twine....can you tell I love everything about these cards :)

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog from last week. I posted a card for you and all the other wonderful bloggers who left me such sweet messages.

Michelle Bala said...

Holy Moly! Samantha, this is one of the most awesome cards I have seen!!! I LOVE the cupcakes and flags!!! Gorgeous bling!!!

Tracey said...

So So pretty Samantha.....love both the cards!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Cute! Love the trio of cupcakes! :)

Scrapper69 said...

Both cards look FABULOUS! I love how the cupcakes stand out and the bling really adds some flair! :o)

Theresa

Dawn said...

Gorgeous card, really beautiful! Congratulations on 100 posts...

Kristie W. said...

Both cards are just awesome. I'm partial to the first one since there is pink :) The little flags with toothpicks are so cute and a great idea! Congrats on 100 posts!!

Wee Things said...

The way you raised the tops of the cupcakes gives a nice feel of demension to the card. I love the flags coming out of the tops. Once again great work. I look forward to seeing everyone of your post each week.

lis-m said...

Hi ...
what a beautiful blog you have...
fabulous cards.. thanks for visiting me ..
hugs xx