Shabby Blogs BG-March

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

how many days until friday?!














This week feels like it will never end!  Do you feel that way too?

This is just a quick post after all it's quite late in the day...
Originally, I made this for my husband's uncle (who had an unexpected passing of a relative) over the holidays.  I had to think of something quick because it had to be sent to England.  I wanted something that looked soft but simple.  I created the card and loved it so much that I had to make another to show on the blog! Unfortunately the picture quality doesn't does this card justice! :/

First, I found a sympathy quote online and border for the card on my trusty old computer and printed onto printable vellum paper.  Took one of my favourite new stamps set out (American Crafts' "Majestic") and started to play with the stamps trying to decided which design would look best.  For the stamp detail, I used the heat embossing technique with some clear embossing powder.  I had to be careful for fear that if I moved the heat tool too close that the paper would have mis-shaped from the heat.  I adhered the vellum to the cardstock with vellum adhesive.  Picked out ribbon and some pearl embellishment and volia!

Again, sorry this is short but... goodnite!

Supplies:
Tools:  WER Corner Chomper
Stamp(s):  American Crafts' "Majestic", Hero Arts' "Everyday Sayings" (With Deepest Sympathy)
Cardstock(s):  Bazzil Basics in "White"
Speciality Paper:  Strathmore's Printable Vellum in "White"
Ink:  ColourBox pigment ink in "Aqua"
Embossing Powder:  Stampendous' Stamp-N-Stuff in "Detail Clear"
Ribbon:  Offray's Sheer in "Aqua"
Embellishment(s):  Mark Richards' Pearls in "white"

No comments: