Shabby Blogs BG-March

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Cowboy!


Stamp Set used: S-7510 "It's a Western Thing", The Cat's Pajamas

This is a card that I made a month or so ago for a relative of mine who participates in western shooting matches and has a love of anything and everything western. I saw this particular set on The Cat's Pajamas website sometime in July and knew I had to purchase it! This was also my first real play of what I can do with Copic markers. I adore these lovely markers! There is so much that you can do with them. If you haven't had the opportunity to play with them, I insist that you purchase a couple of them and start colouring! :)

I have recently started making my Christmas cards for this year. I purchased Penny Black's "Hand-Mailed" wooden stamp a couple of weeks ago during one of my visits to Pointer Scrapbooking and GIfts (Markham). I thought the stamp was so uber-cute that I have decided to make all my relatives and co-workers their Christmas cards this year with the same stamp. The cards won't be exactly the same as I'm planning and creating different techniques with the stamp so that not everyone has the same card! :)

I will probably post some of the finished cards in the next few weeks as I am still tweaking the cards a little bit and hoping I'll recover quick enough to post! :)


Penny Black's "Hand-Mailed" wooden stamp (Product No. 4014K)

I have been busy lately and trying to mentally prepare myself for my upcoming day surgery later this week (so if I don't get to post in the next two-three weeks, you understand why). Hopefully after this procedure is completed, the doctor will be able to confirm what's wrong with me so that I can deal with it and move on with life. I have been suspecting that's it's endometriosis (hope that's spelt right! :)) as my mother, aunt, grandmother and great-grandmother have all had it in their lifetimes, so I can pretty much figure I'm next.

I'm off to finish some chores -- see you soon!

Supplies
Stamp Set(s): The Cat's Pajamas "It's a Western Thing (S-7510), Cowboy stamp (Ebay)
Patterned Paper: Yikes! I honestly cannot remember the manufacturer -- I have had this paper that long! :/
Cardstock: Kraft paper, Strathmore Stamping cardstock in "White"
Ink(s): Tim Holtz' Distress Inks in "Antique Linen" and "Broken China", Tsukineko's Memento in "Tuxedo Black", Staz-On in "Black", and Sakura Gel Pen in "Brown"
Copic(s): 0 - Colourless Blender, 100 - Black, B32 - Pale Blue, C3 - Cool Gray No.3, E00 - Skin White, E31 - Brick, E33 - Sand, E35 - Chamois, E37 - Sepia, R29 -Lipstick Red, W1 - Warm Grey No.1, Y11 - Pale Yellow, Y15 - Cadimium Yellow, YG03 - Yellowish Green
Embellishment(s): Jute, Mark Richards' Metal Studs in "Silver"

No comments: