Shabby Blogs BG-March

Tuesday, April 28, 2009



Well, it's a start!

Last night I finally got the urge to create something! I seem to adore everything that Basic Grey seem to push out no matter what it is and whilst rummaging through my paper bins looking for some inspiration, I found just that! I wanted to make something simple and easy on the eyes. I think I succeeded. S;o)

Over the weekend, I was all prepared to start making my mother-in-law's birthday card as I had cut and mounted all the new stamps I received from Pink Cat Studio last week, however my dear husband decided it was my turn to suffer and past his cold onto me. At the same time, my sinuses have told me that allergy season has begun! Needless to say, I really didn't feel up to card making or much of anything else.

Since watching Jennifer McGuire's craft room video (part 1 and part 2), I have been thinking i need to organize my room to make it easier to create and most importantly to find those items in order to be able to create! So over the past few weeks, I have been slowly organizing and implementing some of the ideas from Jennifer's videos into my own craft room. I have taken my stamps and placed them into binders (see Jennifer's video on organizating stamps!) inks, papers, embellishments into labelled containers stacked and organized by colour and theme. This weekend I am planning to have my peg board put up onto my wall to that I can hang my paper punches as well. Perhaps when I finish, I will post some pics up!

Until then, tata for now!

Supplies

Stamp(s): Inkadinkado's Chelsea by Brenda Walton, LOVE stamp (purchased from Michaels' Craftstore)
Cardstock: Bazzil Basics Textured in Black
Patterned Paper(s): Little Yellow Bicycle's "Love Letters", Basic Grey's Bittersweet "Raspberry Cream" & Urban Prairie "Bonnet"
Ink(s): ColorBox inks in "Rosebud" & "Frost White", Staz-On in Black, Gel Pen in "White" (faux stitching)
Ribbon: Offray (black with white stitching)
Embellishment: Tim Holtz's Distress Ink Stickles in "Pink"

No comments: